Monday, September 13, 2010

Thankful for the Little Lambs


"Our Little Lambs" is an organization for miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant death. They have a support group that meets at Kadlec Medical Center once a month. I was feeling a little anxious about going, but I am so glad that I went tonight. It was validating for my psyche to hear other mothers share their feelings and nod in agreement when I shared mine.

I had tried counseling with a woman at my church last week. She was very nice and definitely has a heart for God. But, I actually ended up leaving the appointment knowing more about her life than she knew about me and my daughter. She kept telling me that I should rejoice because I can grieve with hope and that I am not like those without hope. The problem is that I already knew that. I have a relationship with God. I know that Paige is in heaven and that I will be reunited with her one day. I was seeking counseling because I was feeling stuck in the grieving process and felt I needed some help.

This support group is exactly what I need right now. It is wonderful to know that I am not "going crazy" and that it is okay for me to still be sad - now and also in the years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment