Tuesday, September 14, 2010

29 weeks

I would have been 29 weeks pregnant with Paige today if she were still alive. Why this specific gestation is so haunting to me is that my 3 year old son was born when he was just barely 29 weeks and I feel in my heart that if Paige only could have held on until now that she might still be here with me. Since Trenton is my only point of reference when it comes to birthing babies, 29 weeks gestation seems viable. I know this sounds crazy. 29 weeks is tiny. And fragile. But I saw with my own eyes that life was sustainable outside of the womb at only 2 pounds 10 ounces. It wasn't an easy road by any means, but my son is here, alive, and such a miracle to me that I am left wondering why Paige wasn't allowed the same chance at life.


Trenton - age 5 days

Trenton - age 3 years

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer - sent you an email the other day. I have read through your blog and am so sorry that we've had to meet this way. I live in Everett and also lost my daughter in Aug (she was stillborn at 38 weeks). I hope you're finding some peace these days and I'll keep you in my prayers. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time!
    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete